Thursday, October 20, 2016

Taping Method Do's and Do Not's

Hello Lovelies!

Welcome back to my blog! Today we are going to be talking more about ear stretching.

But FIRST: I am not a licensed piercer and cannot give you the same professional advice that a licensed piercer can. Everything that I share about my piercings and advice relating to piercings that I share are things I have either learned from my own experiences, researched, or been told by a piercer.

Today, we are talking about using the taping method. This method is honestly one of the absolute best for stretching past the 0g point. At about the point of 0g, the taper method can potentially damaging (more so than before - especially if you’re being irresponsible) so it’s best to move to the taping method. It allows you to move as fast or slow as your ears want/need to as you stretch up rather than making a 2mm stretch in one go… like tapers start doing at about 0g.


What you will need:

  1. PTFT Tape or Bondage Tape

  2. SINGLE flared plug or eyelet
  3. Lubricant





As usual you’re going to need to wash your jewelry and ear before you put anything in your ear. Just common sense, but I still have to say it. ALSO: DO NOT USE DUCT TAPE, OR ANY TAPE LIKE IT OR JUST SIMPLY ANY TAPE OTHER THAN WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU ABOUT ABOVE. This will keep your ears from getting irritated and dry and infected.

Start by cutting a piece of tape that fits your jewelry and is long enough to wrap around it twice. As time goes on and your ears start stretching and being ready to move up in size, just keep adding one to two wraps worth of tape. Each person waits different amounts of time between adding layers (when adding layers, you take off the old layers and add all new layers) but I would recommend a week or so between. Once you’re at the size you want to be, put in the new (CLEAN) jewelry!

If you have any further questions, let me know!

XOXO - Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment