Sunday, October 30, 2016

Tea Talks: Sunday 10/30/2016

Hello Lovelies!

Let me tell you, this week has been great! I started working at Starbucks in the Safeway store here in town (for those not from the West of the US it's a grocery store). I started on Tuesday and today is my first day off. At first, it was a little hard because I had to be there at 5:30am and I'm used to sleeping for 16ish hours a day. Now that I'm used to sleeping about 8 hours or less a night, I am doing pretty good!

My coworkers are pretty great for the most part! I only really have one person I don't get along with but that's ok. I FINALLY after 4+ jobs have a female manager (in this case 2) that I adore! They're professional but still know when to joke around and have some fun. We also have open communication about work and personal lives without judgement. To me, that's one of the most important things. I know most people reading this don't know me but I am honestly not a judgmental person unless you are horrible to children, special needs folk, or animals. So, being able to not be judged either is a breath of fresh air. I can't tell you how much I like that they are willing to work with me to make sure that I have one day with my husband a week. Basically he works from 7am to 11am, school from 12pm to 2:30pm and then work again from 4pm to 8:30pm... then he has homework. The only day he doesn't work or go to school is on Friday. I can't tell you how grateful I am for a boss/manager who respects and understands that.

I'm trying to think about what I want to do on my days off from here on. Obviously on Friday's I have plans to be made with my man, but other than that, I don't really have many interests.

I'm thinking about taking up photography again. Maybe that could be something I make a point of doing on my days off/after/before work. That could be super fun now that I'm not doing it for school or work. I could also go to Salem on my free time to shop or just explore. I realize now that I'm back in Oregon that there's a lot I haven't seen or done. So, I want to do that. :)

I might also volunteer at an animal shelter. That could be a lot of fun. :)

Anyways, I will talk to y'all soon. Maybe next time I'll show you what I look like in my "uniform".

XOXO - Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment