Monday, September 5, 2016

Going Minimal and How

Hello Lovelies!

Recently I have decided that I want to reduce the amount of stuff that I have. This includes clothes. For me, that is a big deal! Like... really big. I just went through all my clothes that I own this last week and boy... I had SO MUCH STUFF! Like... SO MUCH. Most of the clothes I have I don't like anymore or it simply doesn't fit anymore. So basically, I pulled out some trash bags and got busy.

I had 2 bags of clothes that were ruined or for some other reason couldn't be donated.
I had 2 bags of clothes that I knew my best friend would like.
I had 3 bags of clothes that I plan on selling or donating.
I had 2 bags of clothes that I am storing because they're for summer time (it's getting cold fast now) or because they were REALLY expensive or have sentimental value and I hope to lose enough weight to fit into them later.
That is NINE BAGS of things I am not keeping/giving away/not wearing.

I kept 10 items. 2 tank tops, 4 tee shirts, 1 interview shirt, 1 pair of interview pants, 1 flannel, 1 sweater.

I have bought a couple staple pieces since then, but I'll talk about that during another post (once I get pretty much all the staples that I need).

I figure that I'll end this post with how I got through all those clothes and how I decided what stays and what goes. It's really simple, honestly. Lets get to it!

1. Wash all your clothes
2. Grab a roll of trash bags
3. Lay out all your clothes in a big pile
4. Lay out 3 bags and save a space for clothes you're going to keep
5. Ask yourself: Is it too damaged to wear? If yes, put in the bag for garments you're throwing away
6. Ask yourself: Is it too small? Is it in wearable condition? (i.e. not stained or torn where it shouldn't be torn etc) Will I ever wear this again/do I like it/does it have sentimental value? If it's too small, is in wearable condition, and you don't think you'll wear it again/it has no sentimental value, put it in the donation bag.
7. Ask yourself: Am I throwing it away or donating it? Does it fit? Is it for the wrong season? Will I wear it again if I lose weight? Does it have sentimental value? If you're keeping it, it doesn't fit, but you want to wear it again if you lose weight/it becomes the season you can wear it, or it has sentimental value, put it in the storage bag.
8. Whatever you have left, you can go ahead and put away!

I hope that this is helpful to you if you're trying to minimize your wardrobe too!

Do you have any tips to share? Let me know in the comments!! I love hearing from you!

XOXO - Sarah
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18226681/?claim=emxn27dpsmm">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment