Saturday, September 17, 2016

I'm a Hipster BUT...

Hello Lovelies!


I just wanted to make a post that tells you more about the person behind this blog!


I have been called a “hipster” on many more than one occasion by more than one person. Though, I do have to mention that the person who calls me that the most is my husband. No competition. Douche. Just kidding. Kind of. Anyway!


I may just be a hipster because of how I look and the things that I find an interest in… but I really don’t conform to other things that hipsters are known to do/be.


I’m a hipster but…


  1. I don’t care what music you like. I personally like Folk-Indie etc music, but that doesn’t mean I think I’m better than you for it. If you like the top 40, then that’s what you like! It’s not me listening to it so why should I care? (On a side note, my guilty pleasures are Britney Spears and N’Sync etc… so who am I to judge?)
  2. If you dress like a “prep” or in the current fashion trends, that’s your business. I personally don’t like those styles, but that’s why I don’t wear them. If you like them, then you should dress that way. It’s your body after all!
  3. If you haven’t heard of an obscure band or movie that I love, then I won’t give you crap. At some point I didn’t know about that band or movie either so… yeah. However, that is one pet peeve of mine. I HATE IT when people mention a popular movie and when I tell them I haven’t seen it they get all obnoxious. I was a VERY sheltered child so fuck off. :P
  4. I’m not your Manic Pixie Dream Girl. I am not ditching the trope, as I identify strongly with it, but I am not YOUR mpdg. I’m my own person and I’m married so I’m not here to be YOUR mpdg. I believe in a healthy relationship (that I already am in) and don’t think that anyone should project that on me anymore.

Anyways, I hope that this was interesting at least and that you got a bit of a taste of what I think of other people’s choices. :P


Are any of you “hipsters” too? If so, let me know what your “but…”s are if you have any!

XOXO!!! Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment